Surrey Female Hockey Association (SFHA)
Player Registration Information
2013 – 2014 Season
Closed Registration for Returning SFHA Players and Girls Transferring from Semiahmoo MHA, Cloverdale MHA and Surrey Minor HA: May 1 to May 31, 2013
Open Registration: June 1, 2013
During closed registration priority will be gien to returning SFHA players. All players transferring into SFHA during this period will officially be registered based on date of application and availability of space on a team.
IMPORTANT: SFHA HAS A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS THAT IT CAN REGISTER, SO PLEASE NOTE THAT LATE REGISTRATION COULD RESULT IN YOUR CHILD BEING PLACED ON A WAITING LIST UNTIL SPACE BECOMES AVAILABLE
Returning Players please click here
- Create an account (or use account created in previous year) to access the Surrey Falcons online registration system.
- Follow the prompts and locate your daughter in the Hockey Canada System.
- Follow the prompts, answer the questions and register your daughter in her division.
- Select the division registration package.
Here is a video walking thru the steps. Registration Video
Mail cheques to Surrey Falcons Registrar (click here to download an application checklist)
- Download registration form by clicking here
- All Registration Information including cost can be found by clicking here.
- Fill out registration form Provide two proof of residency documents (e.g., copies of a hydro bill, gas bill or cable bill), and a copy of birth certificate
- Mail all documents and cheques to the Surrey Falcons Registrar. The Registrar will contact you once your daughter has been registered in the Hockey Canada Registry.
Out of Town Players
- Download the registration form by clicking here.
- All Registration Information including cost can be found by clicking here
- Fill out the registration and player movement forms (needs to be signed by existing association's registrar)
- Provide birth certificate
- Mail information to the Surrey Falcons Registrar. The Registrar will contact you once your daughter has been approved for player movement.
Registration Fee Schedule:
* Full-time Goalies owning their equipment qualify for a 50% reduction in registration fees as long as the player is placed on a team roster as a goalie. This applies to all divisions from Atom to Juvenile.
Other Mandatory Fees:
- Jersey Deposit - $150.00 payment post-dated to March 31, 2014 must be included with registration.
- Volunteers Deposit - $250.00 payment post-dated to March 31, 2014 must be included with registration. It is expected that parents volunteer for team and association duties. If you meet your volunteer commitment, this cheque will be destroyed. Should you not wish to volunteer, cheques should instead be post-dated to October 1, 2013 and given to team managers for processing.
Optional Fee Schedule:
To qualify for the closed registration rate
- Rep Evaluation (Tryout) Fee for Peewee, Bantam and Midget Divisions - $100.00 payment post-dated to June 14, 2013 is required for all players trying out for a rep team in these divisions. This is a non-refundable fee.
- Carding Fee for Peewee, Bantam and Midget Divisions - $50.00 payment will be required in addition to the rep evaluation fee for all players who are placed on the roster of a rep team.
- Atom C1 Evaluation (Tryout) Fee - $100.00 payment post-dated to June 14, 2013 is required for all players trying out for the Atom C1 team as this will be a higher tiered team than the other Atom C team(s). This is a non-refundable fee.
, the registration must be completed by May 31, 2013 with full payment postmarked by June 14, 2013
. The full registration fee must be paid by one cheque. Note: If SFHA does not receive the payment by the June 14, 2013 deadline, the open registration rate will be applied.
For all players who register after May 31, 2013,
the registration form has to be completed and open registration fee payment must be received by SFHA within 14 days of the completion of the form. The full registration fee must be paid by one cheque.
Divisions that will be offered depend on registration and the rest of the league. The dates of evaluation skates will be posted on the SFHA website, but in general, will be held in early September to determine team placement. Players will be placed on teams appropriate to their age, their individual skills and/or based on available space in each division.
Please make cheques payable to Surrey Female Hockey Association
and send your completed registration package to:
Registrar - SFHA
13-15988 32 Ave Surrey BC V3S 2J4
Refund requests must be received in writing by email. Players withdrawing from SFHA prior to evaluations will receive a full refund reduced by $50 for insurance and administration. Players withdrawing prior to September 30, 2013 will have their refund reduced by $100 for ice costs, insurance and administration. Players withdrawing prior to October 31, 2013 will have their refund reduced by $175.00 for ice costs, insurance and administration. There will be no refunds after October 31, 2013.
NSF Cheques: A dishonoured payment will be subject to a $25.00 service charge and may need to be paid with a certified cheque.